When any injury or arthritis occur, our ability to bend or flex knees becomes difficult. It causes pain and inflammation. Over time, it becomes very difficult to walk and to perform activities. Knee replacement surgery is the best way to relieve pain for more than 90 % of the patients.
Knee Replacement is a surgical procedure used to replace the weight-bearing surface of the knee with an artificial joint. Here the surgeon removes the damaged cartilage and replaces it with an implant called prosthesis. In traditional knee replacement surgery, a vertical incision of length 15-20 cm is used to access the knee joint. But in minimally invasive surgery an incision of length less than 10 cm is used along the knee. Minimally invasive surgery has many advantages,
- Shorter hospital stay
- Smaller incisions
- Limited blood loss
- Shorter rehabilitation periods
- Less perioperative pain
- Partial joint replacement
In unicompartmental knee replacement the knee is divided into three parts:
- The inside or medical compartment
- The outside or lateral compartment
- The kneecap or the patellofemoral compartment.
The benefits include:
- Minimally invasive surgery since only affected compartment is replaced.
- Preserves the healthy part of the knee.
- If total knee replacement surgery is needed in future it is easy to revise it.
After the surgery, it is recommended to stay in the hospital for 3 to 4 days. During that time you will recover from anesthesia and will be asked to start moving. After the full recovery, the patient can move on to daily activities without any help. Rathimed Speciality Hospital provides effective Knee Replacement Surgery at an affordable cost.
To get the best Knee replacement surgery,